I’ve started to learn coding! It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and I’ve been greatly encouraged by Bryan.
It’s a magical world man!
How I’m learning:
- I’m spending at least 2-3 hours every evening reading up and compiling / debugging code
- I’m using online tutorials and writing out the code (by the way I’m learning objective-c and using the Xcode compiler)
- Searching for help online so that I can figure things out myself before asking for help – Stackoverflow is an incredibly powerful resource.
- Tracking my progress with Evernote
- Sharing my Trello board/Evernote notes with my mentors to ask for advice/help
What programs I’m using:
- GitHub – to store my projects
- Trello – project management
- Evernote – my diary and note-taking. It also helps me track my progress and helps me to stay disciplined. Also, offline notes is incredibly useful because I can read this during my daily commute, where I sometimes can’t have access to the Internet. [Sample note screenshot below]
I’m so excited that I’ve actually managed to create my first Hello World and in fact, being able to debug and figure out your mistake is incredibly rewarding.
One last thing: